Youtube video of Hastings using Conquest Normans

A place to show off your painting and modelling skills

Youtube video of Hastings using Conquest Normans

Postby Tyro Harvey » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:23 am

Greetings,

This is our first foray into 28mm and has been geat fun. Your Normans were great to build and paint. My eleven year old son is into medieval history (castles, knights) so I said the Norman conquest is the place to start. So, we made a video of the battle using the Conquest Normans vs GBP Saxon Thegns. I realise that several crimes against historical accuracy have been commited: the white surcoats over the chainmail, the christian cross themed shields. These were done so we could use them for the crusades as well. Obviously some of the very accurate conversions put them to shame. The other admission is laziness on my part in terms of shading and highlighting (I just gave them all a good brush and mop up with Army Painter strong tone and a quick matt spray).

Anyway, I hope people enjoy the video and give the lad some encouragement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWZ3mtV3d3Q

I couldn't work out how to post photos

Many thanks,

Tyro Harvey
Tyro Harvey
Sergens

Re: Youtube video of Hastings using Conquest Normans

Postby Mike@ConquestGames » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi Tyro,

I have just had a watch of the YouTube video your son made. It is absolutely fantastic! Great job! A nice selection of modeling, painting and an explanation of the historical background of the time - you did a great job of putting together our minis (in some great poses I have not used/seen before). You have a couple of great armies there. Congratulations.

Thank you very much for sharing.

Kind regards,
Mike
Mike@ConquestGames
Comes

Re: Youtube video of Hastings using Conquest Normans

Postby Tyro Harvey » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:10 am

Thank you
Tyro Harvey
Sergens

Return to Show us yours