New Members

Dos and Don'ts - Acceptable behaviour on this Forum.

New Members

Postby Mike@ConquestGames » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:00 am

I have noticed that new joiners seem to need their first few posts Authorizing by the administrators of this Forum. It is not set by default to allow a new member to post without first being authorized. I am trying to iron out some of these little niggles, but for now, all new members may experience a slight delay on their first few posts being displayed due to the authorization issue.

Mike
Mike@ConquestGames
Comes

Re: New Members

Postby Midaski » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:39 pm

Believe me that could be a bonus. :D

I'm on the staff over at Warhammer-Empire and it is a feature I would gladly like on our Boards
Midaski
Vavasseur

Postby FleetfootMike » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:18 am

Ditto :D The Y! group I admin got SO much better when we enabled 'moderated first post'.

I'm assuming that's where my comment on the new Eccelsiatical range went, and probably where this will go - I also note that I've been autoadded to group 'Newly Registered Users' which is, I assume, what causes this behaviour.
FleetfootMike
Vavasseur

Postby Stilger » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:38 pm

Testing.... Testing...... Can I post yet?
Stilger
Sergens

Postby admin » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Hello Stilger,

We have had lots of problems with spammers until recently, so we had to set the system so that the first post had to be OK'd by an administrator. We try to get onto the forum at least once a week (a little more often around new releases) to keep an eye on things, so sometimes there is a short delay before your firstpost appears. However, we notify new members via email when we OK their first posts.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Return to Forum Etiquette